Re: radical solutions

> However, GSE can be seen as a compromise that could constrain
> present-day NATs to a very limited interference with an in-flight
> v6 packet.   OTOH, market forces alone may arrive at that; after
> all there is nearly no need for address-compression in IPv6,
> and it's that aspect of NAT in v4 that is the hardest to deal with.

Sean,

I understand how GSE-like (and NAT-like) technology helps a lot with
renumbering for a site that only initiates communication.

But I fail to see how this helps the other end; if a site
has N RGs then the DNS would return N different addresses for a given
node each having a different RG (but the same identifier).

In order to provide good redundancy we would need some mechanism
for the initiating party to quickly find a working RG from that set.
(unless we want to update the DNS each time a customer<-> isp link fails, or
unless we want rfc 2260 style local repair between the isps serving
the customer).

  Erik