end-to-end multihoming (was Re: initial issues)

> I think the end-to-end multihoming solution should be considered. If you
> have SCTP with multiple addresses for endpoints (similar has been suggested
> for TCP), you could have the session survive a failure in one of the site's
> connections. I've also heard rumors of an SCTP draft for dynamically changing
> endpoints but I can't find it now.

The draft you mention is draft-ietf-sigtran-addip-sctp-00.txt

BTW, just FYI:  draft-nikander-mobileip-homelessv6-00.txt (soon -01.txt)
more or less provides a way of handling multiple addresses at the IP layer,
somewhat similar to SCTP but at the different layer.  It is based on using Mobile
IPv6 Binding Updates; however, the proposed kernel data structures are different.
Currently the proposal is not completely backward compatible for all applications,
but we are considering various ways of providing full backward compatibility
for those (hopefully few) applications that need it.

--Pekka Nikander