Re: *LA questions [was Re: initial issues]

The thing that may be dead is not provider-based allocation, but
the idea that providers will be interconnected in a hierarchy
rather than just a flat space.

To be clear, the original idea was that there would be flat routing
among the (max.) 2**13 providers with TLA prefixes, and all other
providers would hang off one of those, and therefore their prefixes
would never be seen in the flat part (the DFZ). Obviously we never
expected that to be 100% true, but what Randy seems to say is that
it won't be true to any significant extent, and anything calling
itself a provider will insert at least one prefix in the DFZ.
That takes away the 2**13 limit.

  Brian