policy support [was Re: load-balancing]

What this seems to say is that multi-homing needs policy support
i.e. one you get more than one connection simultaneously up,
you need a policy mechanism for route selection. And the policy
might have traffic balancing, QOS, and other components (though
how you can tell an Internet2 packet from an ordinary one is
a puzzle that hasn't yet been solved other than with static routes.)

   Brain