Transport level multihoming

Please pardon me if this has been discussed here before, I have been
unable to reach any archives for this WG during the last day so I am
unable to look for past discussions.

I have pecked around in other groups but have not found an answer.

Has anyone here had any discussion about the potential for transport level
multihoming (like in SCTP, RFC2960) to replace the current practice
globally advertised multihoming on the IPv6 Internet?

If the transport pushes multihoming to the end node and IP layer
multihoming not being propagated beyond direct peers, it would seem that
such a system could significantly further the scalability of the Internet,
while increasing the level of flexibility of multihoming (i.e. if the
transport allows adding address to a connection in progress, this would
facilitate mobility, and other benifits).

Has a potential policy of 'No global IP multihoming of short prefixes;
Leave multihoming to the end nodes' for IPv6 been discussed here?

--
The comments and opinions expressed herein are those of the author of this
message and may not reflect the policies of the Martin County Board of