Re: An idea: GxSE

I don't think it's useful at this stage to be arguing about whether or
not this group can impose changes on existing IPv6 implementations.
Rather:

	first, let's get the requirements and desirements agreed to,

	second let's identify solutions that would satisfy the
	requirements, and

	third, assuming there is more than one such solution,
	let's understand the nature and degree of change required
	by each solution (e.g., does it require changes to all
	routers? edge routers?  host IPv6 layers?  applications?
	nothing?), as an important input to the process of choosing
        a particular solution (or set of solutions).

I thought we were supposed to be moving quickly to resolve the first
step, but most of the email seems to be trying to prejudge the outcome
of the second and third steps.

Steve