Re: An idea: GxSE

Randy Bush wrote:

> as we have no running code, i suggest we try to understand the needs, then
> how they might be achieved, and then, and only then, can we say whether code
> will need to change or not.
>
> considering the vast and pervasive v6 deployment to date as compared to its
> expected lifetime, i suspect we can afford to get it right.

Randy, I suggested some very precise requirements text to take account of the
fact that there is a lot of running and shipped code in existing products that
is simply not going to get rewritten that quickly. Like it or not, multi6
has to coexist with vanilla IPv6, and that generates its own set of
requirements.

   Brian