Re: An idea: GxSE

> Agree with all your points.  yes, this moves complexity out of routing and
> into the application.
>
> Also, the multi-party application scenario I gave (A inside a site, talks to
> B outside a site, B learns A's GR addresses from the socket interface, then
> conveys them to C) is the easy case.  A harder case is A inside the site,
> talks to B inside the site, then B wants to convey A's GR addresses to C.  B
> won't know A's GR addresses because they are in the same site, so when A
> tells C about B's SK address (the only address B knows), C would have to
> deduce A's GR addresses from A's SK address combined with B's GR address
> prefixes learned from the socket.
>
> This in turn places constraints on A's and B's GR prefixes...i.e., they must
> be the same.

I wonder if it makes sense exploring the case when applications
(as well as transports like SCTP) can easily find out the GR addresses
of their own node, but those addresses are not used in the IP packets.

You'll have issues like the applications discovering potentially stale
information but conceptually I don't think that is much different
than getting stale DNS information when looking up the peers
addresses in the DNS.

   Erik