Re: requirements draft revision

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Joe Abley wrote:

> I don't understand the question. It's the fact that C is providing
> connectivity to the internet beyond C that makes it a transit provider.
> I don't understand what addressing and/or the presence of NAT has to
> do with it in the general case.

No, it's the fact that C will route _any_ of its customers' traffic to
either its destination or to an egress point nearer (usually) its
destination that makes it a transit provider.  The word any is the key.  A
peer will route any traffic you send it that is destined for its own
network, and sometimes to other agreed upon networks.  A transit provider
routes you to EVERYTHING.

Is it clearer, now?

-Taz

--