Re: Transport level multihoming

Brian,

I am convinced that we can help alleviate the TL issue with SCTP for IPv6.
And get it deployed in 2 years (some of us have started shipping it now as
product not prototype).  Also it is being used for SMS for test UMTS
environments now.  Also I believe SCTP can be used by small memory
footprint devices too for IPv6.

Some of us will go look at a shim for AF_SCTP esp for IPv6 so app that
does ftp  (example app only) can use SCTP without a change in source code.
But part of that work is to see the cost and effect to a vendor library
and sys call code if it can be done in production manner and not break
binary compatibility with IPv4/IPv6 app.  Don't know till we try.  But I
think so.

/jim