RE: Multihoming by IP Layer Address Rewriting (MILAR)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Ramakrishna Gummadi wrote:

> I first started writing a solution based on hip (host identity payload)
> because hip addresses spoofing, hijacking, and DoS issues cleanly,
> especially for "anonymous" connections, with a minimal external overhead.
> But the main problem with this approach (as with any other host-based
> approach) is that multicast becomes painfully difficult, both in terms of
> performance and security.

You've mentioned multicast problems before. Maybe I'm uninformed on the
subject, not having done any real multicasting, but I don't see the
problem.

Isn't multicast addressing and routing pretty much independent from
unicast addressing and routing? What are the problem areas?