RE: Multihoming by IP Layer Address Rewriting (MILAR)

At 16:48 04/09/01, Ramakrishna Gummadi wrote:
>While all indications are that the quality of DNS today is bad, it
>"works", so people aren't too concerned about it:
>http://www.psg.com/~randy/960303.iepg
>
>I think it is the job another working group (dnsop) to make sure it does
>not break (this means that it is a good idea to bounce any DNS-based ideas
>on the dnsop mailing list).

OK, so we can go back to assuming the DNS works well enough
and not use the DNS anxieties as the basis for ruling out DNS
as a component of a possible solution.

Please note well that I'm not advocating a DNS-only kind of solution.
I'm trying to keep this WG from closing doors prematurely on *any*
technical approach that might be shown to work...

Ran