RE: Multihoming by IP Layer Address Rewriting (MILAR)

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> My proposal is to let layer 3 rewrite destination addresses
> in some cases,
> so that both higher layers and other layer 3 entities can go
> about their
> business as usual and there is still scalable multihoming.

Question, how does the receiver know it is supposed to replace
the dst, and which of its possible dst addresses to replace it
with? In other words, how can it tell the difference between
a rewritten packet to address B vs. a second connection from
that src that happened to be load-balanced to address B?

If it doesn't put back the original layer 3 will know.

Tony