Re: Multihoming by IP Layer Address Rewriting (MILAR)

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Mattias Pettersson wrote:

> I would like you to consider Homeless Mobile IPv6
> <draft-nikander-mobileip-homelessv6-01.txt> as well. It tries to solve
> mobility and multihoming in one attempt somewhere around layer 3.5.

Looks good. A few questions:

- what happens when an address suddenly fails and is no longer reachable?

- what happens if TCP tries to set up a connection but the address it
  chooses doesn't respond (and there is another address that works
  available)?

- would it be possible to offload homeless mobile ipv6 processing on some
  kind of "mobile proxy" so hosts that do not support the protocol can use
  it anyway?