Re: (ngtrans) Update to Provider Independent addressing format drafts

Remember that v6 renumbering can include a period of overlap between the old
and new prefixes, when both will work and neither of them is deprecated. For
a large site with the kind of issues you describe, I would expect this overlap
to be quite long - at least a month, why not longer? This will greatly simplify
the coordination problem.

In fact, a single homed site changing to a new provider would become
multihomed during the overlap period; and an n-homed site would become
(n+1)-homed during the overlap period. A good multi6 solution *is* a
renumbering mechanism.

  Brian