Re: (multi6) requirements draft comments

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Noel Chiappa" <jnc@ginger.lcs.mit.edu>

> However, I don't think we're going to get there with the current routing-name
> allocation system; we'd probably have to have some fairly radical system
> where there's *lots* of aggregation (i.e. lots of layers) - and the placing
> of the topological boundaries (i.e. routing-name assignment) is completely
> automated.

The "toy" legacy IPv4 Internet does not do routing, it does forwarding.

As for "lots of layers".....

This may help...
http://www.dot-biz.com/IPv4/Tutorial/
http://www.RepliGate.net

The Netfilter Project: Packet Mangling for Linux 2.4
http://netfilter.samba.org

Jim Fleming
http://www.IPv8.info
IPv16....One Better !!