Missing DNS reqt? [was Re: (multi6) requirements draft comments]

"J. Noel Chiappa" wrote:
> The *key* difference here from metro is that I *start* with the actual
> connectivity map, placing no constraints on how it is connected. (E.g. there
> may be no direct link from Ci to Dj, except through the customer nodes -
> which of course do not forward traffic.) From that, I then asssign addresses.

...which then have to be reflected globally in the DNS before they can be used.
This seems to be a real difficulty in automated address assignments.

I think we have a missing requirement:

The solutions must include an analysis of their effects, if any, on DNS updates,
including consideration of load for the global updating of the DNS, and
interactions with DNS TTL and caching.

   Brian