Re: Missing DNS reqt? [was Re: (multi6) requirements draft comments]

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 11:38:59AM +0100, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> ..which then have to be reflected globally in the DNS before they can be used.
> This seems to be a real difficulty in automated address assignments.

Not if you seperate EIDs from the routing goop.  [Which then leads
to the question of how you get from an EID to the routing goop.]

> The solutions must include an analysis of their effects, if any,
> on DNS updates, including consideration of load for the global
> updating of the DNS, and interactions with DNS TTL and caching.

Note that a solution could not effect the DNS at all.  I.e.: I
could see something that has the EID/routing-goop split and a
different (non-DNS) solution of how you get from EIDs to the
routing-goop.  The DNS would only deal with EIDs.
	--asp