RE: The state of IPv6 multihoming development

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> So far, the people with the deep pockets haven't entered the
> v6 arena. If and when they do, they'll get their routes in
> the DFZ, whether we like it or not.

This is the bottom line to:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-ipv6-pi-addr-use-03.txt

To a first order I don't care what PI mechanism we end up with, but it
is very clear that one will happen. If we do nothing it will simply be
random holes punched in the PA space.

I have continued working on the particular proposal because even the
minimal implementation decouples the 120 degree regions that would cover
EMEA/AsiaPac/Americas. This has value and does not require a deployment
to cover the problem of an individual connection terminating outside its
natural geo region. At the same time, it is conceivable that the 200+
existing exchange points and private peering connections would allow the
scaling to be much better than the simple 3.

Tony