Re: PI/metro/geo [Re: The state of IPv6 multihoming development]

On Wednesday, Oct 30, 2002, at 06:57 America/Montreal, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Tony Li wrote:
Unfortunately, that's not going to be so simple.  What happens
when some organization that spans geographic areas decides
that they want to multihome through providers on either sides
of their particular continent?  Or even different continents?
Very few non-ISP organizations do this, as it requires them to move
traffic over their internal network which costs money, while receiving
the traffic where it eventually needs to be usually doesn't cost more
than receiving it at any other location.
Our samples spaces must be different. I think that many non-ISP organisations
multi-home via different providers on either sides of North America.
The examples tend to be larger organisations rather than a mom-and-pop,
but there seem to be very many examples of such organisations that do
this today.

Ran