Re: GSE

On Friday, Nov 1, 2002, at 14:00 America/Montreal, Tony Li wrote:
| - It needs changes to transport protocols and possibly to intra-site
| routing and address discovery.

It certainly requires changes to the transport protocols. I don't see
any changes to intra-site routing unless one wants to be MH within the
site between IGP areas.
It probably also requires changes to the IPv6 sockets API, because one
most probably would NOT want an application to include the location information
in any part of the transport-layer state. The *identifier* information
would seem to be reasonable as part of transport-layer state.

|   - The flat part of the identifier space makes locator
|   discovery hard.

Identifiers need not be flat.  They could be hierarchically assigned
administrative entities.
Getting the area of naming/addressing discovery engineered properly
is non-trivial, but I think it is possible (always the optimist :-).

Ran
rja@extremenetworks.com