Re: The state of IPv6 multihoming development

Michel Py wrote:

> > Tony Li wrote:
> > The competition will drive down cost.  And those folks
> > who find net access to be a requirement for their daily
> > lives, such as telecommuters, may well decide to MH.
> > We see this already with certain netgeeks today.
>
> I could not agree more. Although I get very good DSL service, I would
> spend another $30 or $40 a month if there was a solution.
>
> > Also, small businesses are also candidates for MH.
>
> I have installed several small businesses that now process their credit
> card transactions over the web. What we do for these is typically a
> cable or dsl to backup the T1, egress only; it's only a matter of time
> before these guys need a real multihoming solution too.
>
> > Make sense?
>
> To me, completely.

It clearly makes sense for small businesses, which gets you into
the realm of tens of thousands of MH customers in a metro area. But I
still have difficulty seeing it for domestic customers by the million.
From what I see, they have enough trouble dealing with one ISP.

Of course, an MH solution that would scale to millions per metro
would be nice to have.

   Brian