Re: Notes about identifier - locator separator

On Friday, Nov 8, 2002, at 17:53 America/Montreal, Christian Huitema wrote:
  Ran's point is that nobody is depending upon the IP addresses
(whether they are locators or end-point identifiers) to do tracking.
Well, if we specify that all packets shall carry a unique identifier
that is independent of the location we certainly facilitate tracking,
don't we?
I really don't think it makes things any worse than if we don't do it.

Ran