Re: Notes about identifier - locator separator

On Friday, Nov 8, 2002, at 17:31 America/Montreal, someone wrote:
The flow label is supposed to help with this.
I don't know of any real implementation of IPv6 that even
*looks* at the Flow Label when trying to forward a packet.
Colour me very sceptical of the many claims made that
the Flow Label is useful to IPv6 routers.[1]

Ran
rja@extremenetworks.com

[1] I've only worked on 4 IPv6 implementations so far,
including the one most widely deployed as a router;
this scepticism is probably due to lack of implementation
experience on my part.