Re: Notes about identifier - locator separator

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, RJ Atkinson wrote:

> > The flow label is supposed to help with this.

> I don't know of any real implementation of IPv6 that even
> *looks* at the Flow Label when trying to forward a packet.
> Colour me very sceptical of the many claims made that
> the Flow Label is useful to IPv6 routers.[1]

I don't think this wg is limited to solutions that work only with
existing implementations.  :-)

The Indian said it in "Wayne's World 2": "Book them and they'll come."
If we make a standard that solves real-world problems, the vendors will
implement them.