Re: Notes about identifier - locator separator

> This has been discussed to an extend in the other messages, but one
> additional comment:  It is sometimes enough to carry a single source
> locator in the TCP SYN packet; the rest can be sent later.
>
> What comes to the applications that use getpeername etc and send
> the address in the protocol, personally I don't care too much
> about the (apparently rare) cases where something gets broken.
> In most cases the recipient will know the identifier already,
> and is able to do the mapping.

This depends on whether there are datagram'ish functions which need the
indentifier. For instance, if ESP/AH want to operate with SAs bound to
the identifiers then it seems like the TCP SYN needs both a source
identifier (for ESP/AH) and a source locator (so that TCP can respond
without having to do the mapping from identifier to locator on the 1st packet).
 > ... I do imagine that something like Distributed Hash Tables (DHT)
> could be used to implement identifier->locator mapping, if really
> needed.

Do you have a reference?

  Erik