Re: network controls are necessary

> If we really want the hosts to make the choice (a concept I am doubtful of)
> I suppose we could invent a query / response protocol for the purpose of
> asking a routing intelligent server what source /dest pair from a given set
> of sources and dests would be a good pair to use.

one problem with that interface is that if the host determines that
the recommended address pair doesn't work and wants to try something
else, it has no idea whether to blacklist the source, the destination,
or both, when it next asks.

and it would be good for scalability if the host could know when it
was appropriate to cache the results.

						- Bill