RE: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

> Eliot Lear wrote:
> Ultimately the same (or very similar) routing decision process
> will occur, with the same complexity and the same problems, so
> I would agree with you assessments.  Thus, while I understand
> the reasoning for the proposal, I would argue that perhaps the
> best thing to do is nothing until we have something better.
> That may be a while.  Oh well...

I concur with this. Pekka, your draft is clever. I'm not sure I can
express correctly my feelings about it, but I'll try. It is a valuable
contribution and I strongly encourage you to keep making such
contributions. You deserve credit for it. I will fight it not because
it's bad (it's not) but because the timing is not right.

Your draft amounts to admitting that we collectively failed to deliver a
multihoming solution for IPv6. The time to make this call has not come
yet.

Michel.