Re: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Tim Chown wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 08:24:04AM -0800, Michel Py wrote:
>
> > > Tim Chown wrote:
> > > And presumably these are a bigger hit on the DFZ routing table
> > > size than multihomers?
> >
> > I don't think so, it more a matter of creating the precedent then real
> > savings on the routing table size.
>
> OK, I beleive you, but would be interested in any stats in this area?

I'd like to hear a specific definition of this, so we could _have_ stats.

Do you mean announcing a more specific route from different origin AS
than the aggregate?  Do you you want to restrict that to address blocks
allocated by RIR's somehow, etc.?

I've actually done some analysis on a portion of the routing table to look
for multihoming; extracting this info, if defined, might not be a problem.