RE: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

> Michael Richardson wrote:
> The AS proposal certainly results in a much smaller DFZ than if
> we handed every holder of PI IPv4 space PI space in IPv6.

Absolutely, the point I was making is not that it would be bigger, as I
do like the idea, but that it would likely not be possible to stick to
it: If we give PI to ASN holders, you can be sure that the lobbying of
swamp space holders to get the same thing is going to be a freight train
that nobody will be able to stop.

> I would very much like to have given them some kind of
> PI IPv6 space.

I have been finicky lately about the semantics of this: Some kind of PI
other than the one we have could be fine, but certainly not straight PI.

Michel.