RE: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

    > From: "J. Noel Chiappa" <jnc@ginger.lcs.mit.edu>

    > If an architecture without a namespace which is independent of topology
    > is unacceptable, then people have to either i) radically modify IPv6,
    > or ii) junk it.

Ah, to make it quite plain what I meant here: by "IPv6" I meant the entire
stack, not just the internetwork level protocol; and by "radically modify
IPv6" I mean to include schemes like 8+8, 16+16, HIP, etc - a system using
one of these is not going to interoperate with one which does not have it
(although I dunno about 16+16).

	Noel