Re: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

    > From: Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com>

    > I feel that the challenge is actually not in the Internet Protocol
    > address at all. IPv6 *unmodified* is entirely capable of supporting a
    > namespace independent of topology

Syntax != Semantics.

Just because you have a single namespace that you can allocate both "where"
and "who" names from doesn't mean you're done.

Unless you start using multiple headers (which is sort of already specified,
which is why I like 16+16, although it has all the obvious "source routing"
security bugs), there's only a single IPv6 address field in "IPv6
*unmodified*", so it's kind of hard to do both with one field.

	Noel