Re: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

This would create a terrible precedent. In the long run, we can expect:
- People that have swamp space lobbying for v6 PI also, on the grounds
that if people that have an ASN get v6 PI space they should get it too.
Actually, swamp space holders have on paper a better reason than ASN
holders to get v6 PI space.
Why? They still need an AS to get it announced. Either by themselves or through someone else.

- AS numbers being extended to 32 bits. Then people that get ASNs above
64k will also strongly lobby to get PI on the grounds that it's not fair
that early adopters only get it.
It's still a size we can handle.

If we had no other choice, I would support this as being not as bad as
unrestricted PI. But it's still unaggregatable, and we do have a better
choice: GAPI.
It's fast and it works. Go for it.

- kurtis -