Re: comments on draft-py-multi6-gapi-00.txt

Given such a turbulent soup of connectedness, what criteria for
pre-allocation of routing names stands a chance of not being
out-of-date as soon as it is published?
Let's take the speed of light for this. You can change many things about
your network, but not the fact that making packets take a 10000 km
detour adds a 50 ms delay. Also, if you're going to physically move your
network renumbering is only a minor extra task in addition to everything
else that's going on.
I was part of doing one of the largest network mergers ever. I am glad we didn't have to worry more about renumbering that what we already had.

You don't want to renumber as well as merge routing.

- kurtis -