Re: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

Hmmmm, I'm a newcomer but that should not limit me so I want
the same stuff as the old-timers, and now we have 100 million
/48s in the global routing table and we're in deep doodoo.

Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
You then need an AS number and to get that you need to have
to upstreams.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-as4bytes-06.txt

This draft is a -06 already. If there is enough lobbying, it will
happen.
You still need two upstreams == money.

Just because we increase the number of ASes available doesn't mean that we will get lower transit prices.

- kurtis -