Re: GSE

However, the main concerns that held it up at the time were
about security.  You probably want to get hold of
draft-ietf-ipngwg-esd-analysis-05.txt (I think -05 was the last
version.)

   Brian

Eliot Lear wrote:

> Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> > - the draft as-is doesn't provide any actual multihoming benefits
>
> The point of the draft was that multihomed enterprises wouldn't ever be
> advertised into the dfz.  If a site wanted to multihome it would have
> address prefixes from two providers, and those would get stamped on packets.
>
> > - how can we make the lower 64 bits of the address globally unique
>
> The same way we do with 32 bits.
>
> Eliot

Brian E Carpenter
Distinguished Engineer, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM
On assignment at the IBM Zurich Laboratory, Switzerland