Re: ISP failures and site multihoming [Re: Enforcing unreachability of site local addresses]

Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
This I thought was more or less standard. I was talking about
less than 100ms convergence.
Dude, this requires a keepalive or hello at 10ms intervals and a 25~30
ms rtt. You might need to talk to a guy named Albert Einstein; he wrote
interesting RFCs about the speed of light that, as far as I know, have
not been debunked yet.
When multi-connecting, such RTT's seem reasonable.

If you need to converge on the global routing table, that's a non-starter
of course -- but that's one of the main strengths of multi-connecting. No
changes to those outside of the ISP.

The original comment I made was on IGP though...

- kurtis -