Re: ISP failures and site multihoming [Re: Enforcing unreachability of site local addresses]

Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
This I thought was more or less standard. I was talking about
less than 100ms convergence.
Dude, this requires a keepalive or hello at 10ms intervals and a 25~30
ms rtt. You might need to talk to a guy named Albert Einstein; he wrote
interesting RFCs about the speed of light that, as far as I know, have
not been debunked yet.

Actually not. Go look at the presentations from the San Diego IETF. I think it was in the ISIS-WG. It was based on 'heartbeats' being sent and you know that if you have missed X number of packets in Y time the link is down. Don't remember all the details. I think it also included moving to partial SPF calculations to get this down even further.

- kurtis -