Re: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

RJ Atkinson wrote:

> On Wednesday, Feb 26, 2003, at 09:02 America/Montreal, Brian E
> Carpenter wrote:
> >  Whether people like
> > it or not, the product investments in RFC 2460 at this point oblige
> > any plausible solution to behave as an upgrade to plain 16.
>
> I'm not persuaded that is true.  Certainly I know a lot of IPv6
> deployed sites that are NOT taking the position above.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about implementors. There is
no way on earth existings stacks are going to get demolished and
reconstructed. Even getting them enhanced will mean a lot of
heavy lifting. Please see requirements 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 in
the multi6 requirements draft. (If there's a way to make 8+8
meet those requirements, fine.)

   Brian