Re: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

On Wednesday, Feb 26, 2003, at 10:46 America/Montreal, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
Are you saying you wouldn't mind significant changes in the IPv6 packet
format? This would essentially be IPv7.
There is some middle ground between "one can't change anything in RFC-2460"
and "essentially IPv7". I should hope that someplace in that middle ground
sufficient manuevering room could be found. Certainly I'm not advocating
dumping IPv6 wholesale, though I'm not above a tweak here or there to the
specs IFF it makes a sufficient improvement to be worth the pain.

Ran