Re: Again no multi6 at IETF#56

Kurt;

> >> Which is what I meant and what they are.
> >
> > How can you be sure they are consistent? Note that they may not
> > be similar.
>
> I know the three policies fairly well. They are not similar but they
> are fairly consistent.

How can you be sure they are consistent? What is the evaluation
criteria?

> They are at least not diverse enough to create
> competition among the RIRs (which is what started this part of the
> thread).

You are saying they are similar.

> > Then, we need some policy to deny some assignment based on the
> > technical reasoning on why, how and how seriously the resource
> > is limited.
> >

> The resource is limited as there is a fixed number of addresses. The
> RIRs was created to handled and manage policy for a limited resource.
> Let's use them for that. The IETF was created to develop standards let
> them handle that.

So, IETF must supply standards and technical rationals behind them.

> I fail to see what problem you are trying to point out here.

I see no problem not to let RIRs assign IPv6 addresses.

I fail to see what problem you are trying to point out here.

							Masataka Ohtaq