Re: Again no multi6 at IETF#56

On Monday, Mar 17, 2003, at 10:19 US/Pacific, Michel Py wrote:

Quote from the one and only document in this WG:

3.2.1 Scalability
  [snip]
   A new IPv6 multihoming architecture MUST scale to
   accommodate orders of magnitude more multihomed
   sites without imposing unreasonable requirements
   on the routing system.
As chair, you simply can not recommend to go a way that blatantly
violates the only working document we have. This text is clear, and it's
a "MUST" not a "must" which has a very specific meaning as per RFC 2119.
To be pedantic, the requirements doc doesn't specify the starting point: orders of magnitude more multihomed sites than exist today on the v6 network is still easily achievable using draft-kurtis-call-me-when-we-get-1000-routes-in-the-dfz-00.

Joe