From: Tony Li [mailto:Tony.Li@procket.com]
Sent: Wed 3/19/2003 8:22 PM
To: Christian Huitema; kurtis@kurtis.pp.se
Cc: multi6@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Simple dual homing experiment

|    David and I wrote up a "simple dual homing" proposal,
|    based on previous drafts and private conversations. This
|    may be one of several ways of going forward in multi6.

Christian,

First, I don't believe that 3.5 is a real requirement.  It is
not a problem that is solved today in any technology short of
full blown traffic engineering.  While I agree that this would
be valuable, I don't see how this really cuts it as a requirement.

Of your other requirements, it would seem that they would all
be addressed as long as:

        1) routers which don't have a working exit don't advertise
         default
        2) hosts rotate their source (and destination) addresses
           among the possible set

Further, I would argue that your requirement for 3.4 isn't strong
enough.  That the connection should NOT break.

Comments?

Tony