Re: plug: thesis on site multihoming

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> On zondag, maa 30, 2003, at 16:45 Europe/Amsterdam, Pekka Savola wrote:
>
> > 1) yes, the thesis _is_ in English ;-)
>
> > 2) the files have been updated slightly, mainly editorial updates but
> > I've
> > also added the abstract and some other relatively minor changes.
>
> 3) It's 97 pages. Do they pay you by the word?  :-)

Nope, and even then I had to leave stuff out .. when you can't expect the
readers to be aware of anything related to multihoming, things will get
noisy.

> I'm afraid that my geo proposal has again been mangled beyond
> recognition. Let me say it once more: NOBODY announces the aggregates
> (except maybe to customers). They are local to each ISP network, hence
> the "provider-internal aggregation" part.

And as I've said before, I fail to see how it actually solves the relevant
multihoming problem then :-).  Clearly this seems to be somethng that
needs to be said more clearly.. Having geographical addresses that are
specific to an ISP is a complete non-solution, we aren't worried about
the scalability of provider-internal geo more specifics...

> BTW, what makes the PDF look so ugly??

The use of fonts which are not included by default in PDF.  I'd have to
put that through Adobe Distiller or do some tricks, which I didn't bother
yet.