RE: Resolving geo discussions

    > From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com>

    > another round of "this can't work" / "yes it can" discussions about
    > geographic aggregation. While doing this from time to time is a lot of
    > fun, I'm sure we can all find more productive things to do with our
    > time.

Exactly.

    > So how do we resolve this in a way that is satisfactory to everyone?

We probably can't. The two sides are pretty firmly entrenched, and without
changing that, some group is likely to be unhappy.

    > Is there a way we can arrive on some consensus as to whether the
    > (potential) downsides are worth the potential gain?

No, because there will almost certainly be a large contingent who do not
agree with that position (that "the (potential) downsides are worth the
potential gain"). So I don't think any consensus around that position is
feasible.

As Christian points out, there is nothing to stop people from experimenting
with it locally, though.

	Noel