Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-requirements-04.txt

On Wednesday, Apr 16, 2003, at 08:48 Europe/London, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

4. Security Considerations

A multihomed site should not be more vulnerable to security breaches
than a traditionally IPv4-multihomed site.
Should we add "or a single-homed IPv6 site"?
Site multihoming has costs. One of the obvious possible side-effects
of being multihomed is an increase in potential vulnerabilities. I would prefer
to see them documented than precluded (the known space in which a solution
may be found is already too small) or denied.

I think the goal of being no worse for a site than multihoming using IPv4
is admirable and at least mostly tractable.

Sean.