Re: geo short vs long term? [Re: Geo pros and cons]

    > From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com>

    > Obviously I feel it would still be useful to pursue short term
    > solutions in order to buy time to develop good long term solutions

Alas, the IETF has a way of just continuing to use the interim short-turn
solutions, and never getting to the good long-term solutions.

CIDR was supposed to be an interim short-turn solution, but we're still using
it, and the routing protocols we had at the time. Running the routing in a
global-scale network as a giant distributed computation is completely crazy,
something for which you'd fail any systems architecture student who proposed
it, but we're still doing it.

	Noel