Re: geo short vs long term? [Re: Geo pros and cons]

On donderdag, apr 17, 2003, at 19:26 Europe/Amsterdam, Tony Li wrote:

|    GSE isn't easily classified here as transport, network and border
|    routers all need to play their part.

?  GSE would require the middlebox to handle it, plus changes to DNS
and modifications to transport protocols to use only the identifier
as part of the pseudoheader.
Ignoring the DNS for a moment... I think the original GSE called for the border routers to rewrite packets, but this could nearly as easily happen in a middlebox, or even in the host itself.

I guess it would be possible to do this without changing the network layer but I wouldn't bet on it.