RE: geo short vs long term? [Re: Geo pros and cons]

|    Ignoring the DNS for a moment... I think the original GSE
|    called for
|    the border routers to rewrite packets, but this could
|    nearly as easily
|    happen in a middlebox, or even in the host itself.

While those locations are not impossible, the most natural place
for it is in the border router or the provider edge router.

|    I guess it would be possible to do this without changing
|    the network
|    layer but I wouldn't bet on it.

I don't believe that it's a requirement to change the syntax
of the network layer header.  The semantics, of course, must
change.  IMHO, this is a good thing.

Tony