Re: Resolving geo discussions

On onsdag, apr 23, 2003, at 07:33 Europe/Stockholm, Pekka Savola wrote:

Instead of reviewing proposals in depth it might make more sense
to task somebody with doing a compare and contrast between the different
proposals and use such a presentation as the focus for discussion.

That approach tends to lead to more focus on the problem and the possible
approaches with less of "my proposal is better than yours" type of discussion.
Totally agree here.

We shouldn't discuss proposals, but rather talk in some "meta"
multihoming level.

We need to have better picture what we want and can do before getting down
to business and digging holes...
Maybe (most likely) this will be the outcome of Vienna. Still, I feel that given the time that have passed, and the fact that there are a number proposals out there, they deserve the chance to present them. I think I can already guess the outcome of this, but I think that although we need to agree where to move we also need to listen to peoples ideas on what the steps are. I personally like the idea of a number of design teams as a first step. But this is the discussion we need to have.

- kurtis -